Monday, August 31, 2009

Specialty Stores of Baton Rouge – LA Boilers

By: Mark

2741 Oneal Ln
Baton Rouge, LA 70816-3126
(225) 752-0211


In this start of a new series, I wanted to focus on LA Boilers. Located on Oneal Lane, this small shop boils up seafood with big flavor. Upon entering the store, you will notice a long display case showcasing only Louisiana seafood. Fresh shrimp of all sizes, catfish filets, picked crab meat, and chilled boiled shrimp along with bags of boiled corn and potatoes. My order, two dozen and a half boiled crabs, was ready for pick up. They were hot and full of sweet crab meat. They were spiced perfectly, as a slow burn could be felt on my lips throughout the meal. The corn and potatoes were seasoned perfectly as well. The shrimp were large and easy to peel. They too had a wonderful spicy flavor. So if you are in the mood for spicy boiled seafood and fresh Louisiana produce, then definitely give LA Boilers a try.

[gallery]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info on this place, I would love to visit. I have a fond love for sea food and I've tried boiled crabs before and I loved them!
    Dorset Boiler Repair

    ReplyDelete