Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Freaky Foods of Baton Rouge - The Source

By: Mark

http://www.dojerky.com

Technically this Freaky Food entry is located in Denham Springs, La; but I need to include it. In the Beef Jerky Outlet, across from the Bass Pro Shop, a bottle of liquefied Satan awaits. Over 200 hot sauces are for sale, but none can touch The Source. Made of 100% pure capsaicin extract, this “sauce” is actually a base from which hot sauces and large batches of food are made. The Source clocks in at a fiery 7.1 million Scovilles! Considering a bell pepper is 0 Scovilles, a jalapeno is 2,500 Scovilles, a habanero is 400,000 Scovilles, and a naga jolokia is 850,000 Scovilles, The Source is hotter than all of these peppers combined X 5! After signing a waiver, the tip of a toothpick was touched to the sauce and then to my tongue. Pure agony ensued for the next thirty minutes and as a result, I spent $12.00 on milk. The scary part was the milk didn’t help! I had to wait for the sauce to run its course. The only thing I could compare it to would be a furnace running at full capacity in my mouth. I will never try it again, but to all you heat freaks out there, I say “Good Luck!”



1 comment: